Skip to main content

Featured

Makeup Must Haves | #beautyinfluencer #productsyouneed

My IMATS Experience

Happy Monday! This Saturday I went to the IMATS in NY & overall I had a good experience. The doors opened at 8:30, but I ended up getting there at 9:30 and waited in line for 30 minutes before I got in. 
The reason I wanted to go to this show is that while some of these products are available online, sometimes I prefer actually being to SEE and play with the products before I buy them - the discounts that were offered helped too. 


The first room that you entered had all of the special effects type of makeup and prosthetics. 
Here are a few of the things I saw..
Warning: Some of the things are gruesome!!

Jake Gyllenhaal - it looks real right??? Eww..

The next room was on the second floor.
Note: Signs stating that you had to go upstairs and HOW to go upstairs would have been nice!! Several people (including myself) wandering around the first floor wondering where the hell the rest of the show was. haha!

Brushes!! Whatever brush you wanted, this show had it!!

Some of the vendors I saw:

Stila - I have no idea what their discount was because the line to even look at these products were insane!!

Temptu

Yaby - Gorgeous eyeshadows, but 0 discount.

Inglot - The line for this was the worst of the whole show, people waited for hours just to browse these products. I didn't even bother!!

Hakuhodo - These brushes were amazing, but I couldn't bring myself to pay the $$ for them.

Eve Pearl - This is the second time I've been to a makeup show that this line was at and both times she was at her OWN booth helping customers and demonstrating how to use her products. I did buy a few goodies from here.

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - You would have thought they were giving things away, the swarm of women around this booth was chaos!! This was the ONLY chaotic booth I actually visited. I wanted some lip tars & I got them, those elbow jabs were worth it!! Watch the video above for a snippet of the chaos. ;)

A few random things I encountered along the way..
I thought this disco girl statue was cute.


 A beautiful cat lady.

The makeup artist was drawing The Joker on his chest. 
Note: Little girls were fawning over this guy. haha!

I lasted all of two hours in this madness, then I had to go..the crowds were getting to me!! 
Overall I had a good experience and I would go again. I do hope that next year that they will have more vendors and that some of the busier vendors will come up with a more organized way to display their products.

Tomorrow I will show you what I hauled, or you can skip ahead and watch the video at the top.
=)

Comments

Popular Posts