Skip to main content

Featured

FabFitFun Summer Box 2024 - Part 2 | #fabfitfunpartner #subscriptionbox

Intrepid Sea Air Space Museum

Note: Another scheduled post.

Hubby & I took advantage of the Bank of America freebies again and went to the Intrepid Sea, Air, & Space Museum.

A bit of history for you - USS Intrepid (CV/CVA/CVS-11), also known as The Fighting "I", is one of 24 Essex-class aircraft carriers built during World War II for the United States Navy. Decommissioned in 1974, in 1982 Intrepid became the foundation of the Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum in New York City.
 
I just realized that my hubby is in this picture..that's him in the cap.

A side view. Look at all of the planes on top.

We also had a chance to go inside the Growler submarine and see how life was lived on a submarine.
3 beds.

Going through one of the hatches in the submarine. I can't imagine climbing through one of these half asleep. I'm sure I would hurt myself!

Hubby doing the same. The space was really small.

This was considered the 'mess hall' in the submarine.

The very top of the Intrepid had fighter/show planes, this was one of my favorites.


Boys & toys!!

I think this should be my new motto!!
Use it up - wear it out - make it do!

Interesting Fact - This was a FBI operation center at 9/11.

Comments

Popular Posts